Slavery or Protection

    Yesterday, a friend was telling me he prefers to be sold into slavery in Libya than to be a victim of Corruption. This got me thinking of the victims of Libya Slave Trade.
 It's no longer trending news that Africans are been sold into Slavery in Libya by their fellow black men. Libya isn't half as blessed as Nigeria yet scores of Nigerians migrate through illegal and deadly route in search of greener pastures. It's a fact that not every rescued person will want to come home due to shame of been a failure.
     When I asked him why would he rather stay in Libya than in Nigeria?, he went ahead to tell me a story he found online about how a man who couldn't find a job due to his inability to pay the "Kola" decided to gather money and travel abroad.  He was granted a visa and the eve of his travel, he called his friends to join him at a bar to celebrate. Barely five minutes of been seated, they were raised by the infamous SARS(Special Anti-Robbery Squad). He had to withdraw the money he gathered to start a life abroad and paid it to the Police as "bail". He wasn't released. Close to one million was spent yet nothing only for him to be exchanged later with a convicted person who was sentenced to death. He gave me more stories about how bad life can be in Africa. I had to remind of the good life in Africa.
 Dear readers, I know how hard it is to live in hardship but it isn't a reason to go through deadly routes. I plead the government who have decided to turn deaf hears to the masses to make life easier for the citizens. If you fulfill your manifestos there will be no need to start hash tags like #EndSars, #EndLibyaSlavery.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Lagos Life

THE CYCLE OF DEMOCRACY

The Exploitation