The Exploitation

        It's so funny the way the educational system is. I recall my civic education teacher telling me that one of my fundamental rights according to the Universal Declaration of the Human rights (UDHR) Of 1948 is the Right to Education. I have the right to further my education to the level of my interest.
         In Nigeria, tuition fees for all Federal schools is free at all levels and even some states
 exercise it. It's now so funny, the rate at which most states government have decided to create another source of revenue by exploiting students through the fees hiking.
       What these greedy people fail to understand is that, most of these youths hustle and struggle just to achieve their aim of being educated. If a student who have to do a lot of laborious jobs a year just to get less than fifty thousand naira for school fees is requested to pay a sum of 150, 000 naira. No matter the determination, such student would quit. Now we often ask the reason for the high rate of crimes in the country.

         This is the case of Adekunkle Ajasin University Akungba (AAUA ), a state owned university in Nigeria.
      The students who decided to lay their disappointment to the government decided to embark on a peaceful protest, but this was cut off by those who are supposed to "protect and serve"the masses as they decided to open fire to the students.

       I hope that when the government decides to make decisions concerning education, they should remember that education is for all and not for some. It's not only for the rich but for all classes
  Give me educational freedom!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Lagos Life

THE CYCLE OF DEMOCRACY