Promises of The Past

Whenever I listen to the Nigerian National anthem, I just can't help but Ponder on its lyrics. "The labour of our heroes past shall never be in vain.... ". The heroes are gone with the past but why can't we have heroes of the future?. Why is humanity getting worse and Machines getting better?. More questions like these are what grapple my mind daily.

 Time really flies. Civilization came and it couldn't let us be independent. Ironically civilization is  meant to give us freedom rather I see it as a cage. A cage where we have to be polite and act like something we are not.  Our past leaders made promises of a great technology filled future but I believe they were all fulfilled in the past. A future where love and peace exists, less corruption and powerhunger. Now the more we go into the future the more the promises get broken. One question that keeps bothering my mind is, Why promises for the future when they are already fulfilled in the past?.

Thank you for reading my first post though it is short. Visit next week Saturday for update.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Lagos Life

THE CYCLE OF DEMOCRACY

The Exploitation